The Lagoon 450 SporTop is the perfect compromise between live-ability and performance. No matter what rallies Consistently, you will see Lagoons placing in the first four boats at the finish line of any rally in the world they enter. The Lagoon 450 SporTop’s overall quality, fit and finishes, performance and price in this size range of cats, is great for live-aboards and cruisers. Here are ten great reasons to consider a Lagoon 450S:
1. The new Lagoon 450 SporTop is well priced compared to just about all other catamarans in that size range.
2. The raised helm is very comfortable for offshore sailing. The proximity of the helm station to the main living area is great to be able to see the other person at the helm. The easy connection between the helm station, the cockpit and the top of the coachroof are great and safe, with numerous handholds.
3. The boom is lowered significantly (70cm) on the Sportop but the sail area stays the same as the Flybridge version. The lower boom makes access to the boom and main sail much easier. Also, because of the lower boom the mast height is lowered. This brings the center of gravity down lower, which is a stability issue and minimizes the potential for the vessel to hobbyhorse.
4. The Lagoon has a high quality, luxuriously appointed interior. It’s warm and inviting and feels like a home without being heavy and dark.
5. While the Lagoon 450 is a big luxury cruiser, it is no slouch in the performance category. The Lagoon has a proven performance record, as seen in rallies all over the world.
6. The U-shaped, pass through galley is well appointed with lots of storage.
7. Huge opening windows in the front for ventilation.
8. The walk-around island beds are easy to get on and off, make up are very functional
9. Seating in forward cockpit on the Lagoon is a big plus for large groups.
10. The hard-top bimini over the helm offers protection from sun and wind with the enclosure. The opening guardrail on the side of the helm station protects the crew in rough weather.