Is Charter Yacht Ownership for you?
There are 4 main reasons people consider charter yacht ownership. The first reason is that they want to own a new boat with a warranty and no questions about how it was maintained or what’s wrong with it they can’t see. The other major reasons are:
- They want to offset the costs of ownership through charter income.
- They can have their boat professionally maintained so it preserves the value of the boat, and it’s always ready to go when they are.
- They want to take advantage of all the generous tax benefits such as depreciation, writing off all ownership expenses including berthing, maintenance, loan payments, repairs, and all associated ownership costs.
Owning a boat in charter can provide you with all these benefits while providing you with maximum flexibility for usage and maximum fun of ownership. With our expert help, you choose a boat set up the way you want, the location where it’s in charter, and a tax plan that can save you thousands.
What are the tax benefits?
When you operate your boat as a business, you can take advantage of generous tax deductions and write-offs such as loan interest deductions, depreciation, and all other expenses including berthing, insurance, maintenance, property taxes and more. The combination of charter income from rentals and tax savings often results in positive cash flow for the yacht owner.
Click here for a charter proforma to estimate your tax savings
Why buy your charter yacht from Passage?
We’ve been helping people navigate yacht charter ownership for 30 years. We help you understand the realities of charter yacht ownership and how to choose the best program that fits your financial and boating needs.
- We can place your yacht in any of the professional charter companies on San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz or the Caribbean operating with successful, traditional financial models.
- Your receive the same warranty as a privately owned yacht unlike the limited warranties for boats purchased from charter companies. This full manufacturer’s warranty is ONLY available through a purchase from Passage Nautical as the exclusive Beneteau and Lagoon dealer.
- With Passage, you get an objective opinion, expert council and best of all, your choice of charter yacht ownership programs and locations.
We’d love the opportunity to help you with your next purchase and make you part of our boating family.
What’s my first step?
I’m interested in charter yacht ownership
Attend one of our monthly “Your Boat As A Business” seminars or webinars and learn about charter yacht ownership benefits, or call for a private consultation.
Want more information on setting your boat up as a business?
Receive a personalized package of information and attend one of our Boat As A Business Seminars or Monthly Webinars to get the details on how these programs work and how we can help you set this up.
Sign Up – Boat As A Business Seminar
New Section 179 Limits Established for 2016
Section 179 has returned to $500,000 for 2016. Take advantage of this one-time deduction. If you need a large tax deduction for 2016, here is your opportunity. Find out all the benefits of charter yacht ownership at one of our Boat As A Business Seminars or Webinars.
Opportunity Advantages with Passage Nautical Charter Placement
- As a Platinum Beneteau and Lagoon Dealer, all our staff and service technicians are factory trained.
- You have a full 3 year full boat warranty and 7 year structural warranty, which is transferable. Boats purchased directly from a charter company cannot offer this warranty.
- We have exclusive access to all Dealer Services, service & warranty bulletins, product upgrades and immediate access to parts and factory services.
- As the dealer, our main focus is on the satisfaction of our clients. You get the attention and knowledge you need for a successful ownership experience.
- We make sure you get the professional help of an experienced accountant specializing in charter placement.
- You get to participate in all our owner events like our famous annual Beneteau Rendezvous, cruise-ins, seminars, parties, and lots more.