The Lagoon 450 SporTop is the perfect yacht for those looking for maximum space on board and comfortable sailing. The Lagoon 450 SporTop sets the standard for build quality, fit and finish, performance and price. Here are ten great reasons to consider a Lagoon 450S:
1. The new Lagoon 450 SporTop is well priced compared to just about all other catamarans in that size range.
2. The raised helm is very comfortable for offshore sailing. The proximity of the helm station to the main living area is perfect helm person and guests to interact. The easy connection between the helm station, the cockpit and the top of the coachroof is convenient and safe.
3. The boom is lowered significantly (70cm) on the Sportop but the sail area stays the same as the Flybridge version. The lower boom makes access to the boom and main sail much easier. Also, because of the lower boom, the mast height is lowered. This brings the center of gravity down lower, which makes her very stable and minimizes the potential for the vessel to hobbyhorse.
4. The Lagoon has a high quality, luxuriously appointed interior. It’s warm and inviting and feels like a home without being heavy and dark.
5. While the Lagoon 450 is a big luxury cruiser, it is no slouch in the performance category. The Lagoon has a proven performance record, as seen in rallies all over the world.
6. The U-shaped, pass through galley is well appointed with lots of storage.
7. There are large opening windows in the front for ventilation.
8. The walk-around island beds are easy to get on and off, and to make up.
9. Seating in forward cockpit on the Lagoon is a big plus for large groups.
10. The hard-top bimini over the helm offers protection from sun and wind with the enclosure. The opening guardrail on the side of the helm station protects the crew in rough weather.